With the effect of increased demand in Data Entry Operator jobs, many candidates prefer to count on this as a part-time career option. This is one of the highly paid jobs. A candidate can do it in part-time and full-time as per the flexibility of their time. In this job, one has to maintain the data of the organization. Sometimes an added work of emailing, voice process is also performed by the candidates.
Data Entry Operator jobs are nowadays is much in demand and is showing a progressive opportunity of growth. These jobs include various opportunities for those candidates who have skills of typing along with the knowledge of computer. Creating an insight into these job procedure requires capability and to conquer the hurdle of competition. These types of jobs are duly made by the private sector as well as government sector offering the handsome amount of salary to live a standard life.
Responsibilities of a Data Entry Operator
- One has to enter and updates data on a regular basis
- Use various databases to store and manage data efficiently
- Generating of the report of the data
- To make sure that entries are correct and complete
- Contact customers to clarify incomplete or unclear information
- Cross-reference data reports with customer logs
- Compile and organizes customer data
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Answer main phone line and directs callers to appropriate areas
Data Entry Operator Requirements and Qualifications
- Intermediate is required but Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Experience in office management, customer service, IT or related field is required.
- Moderate to the proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- One should have high level of comfort with the computer
- Must be comfortable with sitting for long periods
There are some of the interview questions which are commonly asked in Data entry Operator.
- How many words can you type in a minute?
- How would you rate your typing skills?
- What word-processing tools have you used before?
- How will you check accuracy in your data entry?
- What kind of technology do you think would be helpful in your job?
- How would you approach handling confidential information?
- How would you avoid data losses?
- Describe a situation when you have entered a huge amount of data in a very short period of time. How has your attention to detail helped you in the past?
- Tell us about a moment when you have been praised by your seniors for your work.
- This work can be repetitive. What motivates you to do well?
- Share an example of dealing with a difficult customer/coworker at your previous jobs. What was the problem? How did you resolve it?
The demand for this job is mostly seen in start-ups, telecommunication industries etc. Government sectors have also ample job vacancies for this profile. These jobs can be preferred by both men and women but mostly non-working women attracted towards this job because whenever they get free time they can continue the hassle-free work.
This profile has the different name in different industries. Some of the similar job titles are mentioned below:
- Data Entry Operator
- Data Entry Clerk
- Medical Data Entry Operator
- Data Entry Specialist
- Data Entry Operator Senior
- Database Administrator
You do not need any special software or hardware specialization and you can work from any part of the world. These legitimate online data entry jobs are best suited for people, who are interested in making a genuine online income. There are already thousands of employees worldwide submitting data for companies and making a good income doing it.
Thousands of jobs are posted daily on the job portals to make candidates acquainted with the vacancies offered by the companies.
Candidate searching for part time jobs in data entry operator job can search and apply for the jobs on the leading online job portal i.e. Monster Singapore. There are various jobs available on the portal. One can find the best-suited jobs by simply entering the skills, location or the experience they have.
Engineer by education but a professional content writer by passion, Pragyan Prabha finds solace in writing. She loves writing on job search, interview tips, and career guidance.