“Mobile is becoming not only the new digital hub, but also the bridge to the physical world. That’s why mobile will affect more than just your digital operations – it will transform your entire business.” – Thomas Husson, Vice President and Principal Analyst at Forrester Research
Are you considering developing a mobile app to market your business, or should you rather be asking whether you should be considering adding a mobile app to your digital marketing endeavours or not? In today’s fast-paced environment where the slightest edge over your competitors can lead to the success or failure of your business, a well-designed and constructed app will go a long way towards giving you the competitive edge that every business seeks.
Reasons to develop a mobile app
Statistics show that about 50% of the global population currently has access to the Internet via a mobile device. Furthermore, it has been estimated that “by 2020, there will be 5.5 billion mobile users, representing 70 percent of the global population.”
The three main reasons for the high levels of user growth are as follows:
- The adoption of mobile devices as a primary tool to access the Internet.
- This has a knock-on effect in that Internet Service Providers have increased, and continue to expand mobile coverage.
- Consequently, the demand for mobile content is driving user growth twice as fast as the projected global population growth over the next five years.
Offshore app development
Once you have decided that your business needs a mobile app as part of its marketing strategy, the next step is to about ensuring that it is developed according to the highest standards and the latest mobile technologies. If you do not guarantee that this mobile app is well-designed and developed, the result of a sub-par mobile application will do more harm than good. In fact, it will allow your target audience to infer that your brand and business are not worth supporting.
Consequently, here are a couple of tips to help you choose the right mobile app development company:
- Consider an offshore software development company as they can leverage the best global skills to make sure that your app is of the highest quality.
- Have a clear understanding of what your requirements and what your customer expectations are. This clear vision will help you choose the right company to develop the right app to complement your marketing strategy.
- Not all apps are created equally. Therefore, to it is important to be able to distinguish between a company that will develop a superior-quality app based on your precise specifications and a company that will deliver a half-baked product.
Therefore, based on the above discussion it certainly makes sense, at least to me that you need to galvanise mobile device users into purchasing your products. Ergo, the best way to achieve this goal is to develop a high-quality mobile app that is unique to your company and