Do you have a home-basedstart-up that has begun to expand? Well, then it is time to get an office space to make room for your employees and the best thing for you right at the beginning would be to look for a shared office space.
Shared office spaces help you to save on rent especially in places like Pune and Mumbai, where rents are sky high. It also leaves you with enough budget that you can actually invest in your business and not waste extra bucks. But the trick is to find that perfect office space to share. It is time consuming task. Here are a few things that you need to keep in mind, if you want your search to yield good results:
- First and foremost, you need to fix upon the locality in which you want to look for an office space. It is best if the locality is near your home. Or else you can also look for offices in localities which is known for renting out shared office spaces. If you do so chances are that you will get what you want in a short period of time.
- You need to fix upon a budget before you embark on your hunt for office space. Calculate all your other costs and then fix upon a budget that you will be able to spend on it and not harming your other investments in the process. You might get attractive offers that exceed your budget, but make sure that you stick to the pre-decided one since there will be a lot of other hidden expenses that you will only realise once you start working there.
- You need to fix upon such a locality which is safe and conducive to travel. Your employees will be coming to attend office and hence you have to make sure that there is good connectivity in the area. If it is an off route, then it is bound to affect the attendance of your employees for genuine communication problems.
- You can put out fliers and even notices online when you are looking for pune office space. It is one of the fastest ways to get what you want and in most cases, the results are genuine. However, you need to be very cautious and get a complete background check of the source done before you commit to it.
- The most important task that you need to do is read the MOU or lease very carefully. Make sure that you understand every clause that there is and if you have any confusion clear it out with the one who is renting the space. Do not sign until and unless every clause is cleared out to you. And remember that once you sign you will have to abide by every clause mentioned in the Memorandum of Understanding.
These are some very basic pointers that you must keep in mind when it comes to looking for shared office spaces. Go for one that suits your needs and ultimately profits your business and not burdens it!