If you make your own jewellery and sell it online, Instagram can be one of the best places to promote your brand. Of all the social media networks, it is one of the most visual – which is great for promoting jewellery. You already likely buy your craft supplies online, so why not use the internet to promote your creations as well.
This image-based online social network is the ideal environment in which to show off your products. Also, Instagram allows you to build a loyal following of fans so that you can interact with your customers.
So how can you make the most of Instagram and use it to promote your jewellery online? Here are some helpful tips that you can keep in mind that will help you to spread the word about your brand effectively.
- On Instagram it is important to develop a signature look with your products, as your customers will be able to see all of your photos together in a grid pattern and it looks much more effective if they are cohesive.
- One way to unify the aesthetic of your Instagram page is to always use the same filter. However, make sure that you choose the filter carefully so that it doesn’t skew the natural appearance and colours of your jewellery.
- Your photos should be good quality and should show off your jewellery in the best possible light. It might be worth getting your jewellery professionally photographed so that you have high quality images to use in your Instagram account.
- Download the Instagram Layout app, which makes it really easy to combine multiple images into a single image. For example, you could use it to create a collage that shows your piece of jewellery at different angles.
- A great way to promote yourself on Instagram is to partner with influencers who already have an established audience, such as fashion bloggers. Use the Search and Explore feature to find users who have a lot of followers and are passionate about the types of jewellery that you sell.
- When you post an image, make sure that you include a description of the product – such as the material and the inspiration behind it. You can also include other helpful information about the price and where people can buy it.
- Don’t be afraid to use emoji’s when you are writing your description – they are appropriate for Instagram and they can be a lot of fun.
- Hashtags are quite important and have a lot to do with whether your product gets found on Instagram by interested jewellery buyers. Make sure that you use plenty of hashtags with each post that you make.
- If you want to find out what the top hashtags are for your particular demographic, you can use the Search and Explore feature.
- You can also create your own hashtag around your brand. Let people know that you will re-gram their posts if they use your hashtag. This can be done easily with the Regram app, so that you can feature your customer’s photos on your Instagram feed.
- There are great Instagram selling tools that you can use. This will allow you to add a link to your profile that will take you to a selling page that has the same look and feel as your Instagram page.
- Make sure that you always include your location in your product posts with the geotagging feature. This will help you to be seen by users who are looking for businesses in their local area.
- Take any opportunity to gain new Instagram followers through other channels. For example, you can make a post about your Instagram account on your Facebook page, or ask your email newsletter subscribers to follow you. After all, they are already interested in you so they will be likely to follow you.
- Don’t forget to interact with your followers! Take some time each day to like and comment on their photos and respond to the comments they make on your photos. Building a community on Instagram is all about establishing a rapport.
Keep these important tips in mind when you are promoting your jewellery brand on Instagram. This social media platform can be a great way to establish your brand and show the world your beautiful jewellery making skills, so have fun and use it to its full potential!