SEO or search engine optimisation is an important component of online marketing in today’s time. Basic search engine optimisation is vital to the success of any business. SEO will help you with proper placement of your websiteso users can access it conveniently.
There are a few things to think about such as
- What are search engines looking for?
- How can you put up your website in a way that will satisfy both the visitors and search engines like Yahoo and Google?
So what exactly is SEO?
The objective of basic SEO
is not to use shortcuts to get to the top of search engines. The purpose of search engine optimisation is to:
- Ensure that you build a smooth and error free experience for the user.
- Let the search engines knowexactly what you want so they can promote your website for relevant searches.
Your website has layers
- Your website is made up of many layers, like a cake. Your links, social media marketing and paid search are the icing. Your content, management system, infrastructure and architecture make up the main cake. Without them, the website will not be eye-catching and you will not get the traffic you are looking for.
What Search Engines Are Looking For?
Search engines would like to complete their jobsto the maximum potential by pointing users to websites that is the most appropriate to what the client wants. So how is this determined? By the following factors:
- Substance:This depends on the theme of the site, the words on the page, and the descriptions and titles that are used..
- Performance: How is the speed of your site and does it perform as expected?
- Authority:Is your site filled with useful content for the client to browse? Do other sites use your website to cite information from other sources?
- Client Experience:How is the overall look of the site? Is it easy to steer around? Does it look secure? What is its bounce rate like?
What Search Engines don’t want?
Search engines can only store a certain amount of data. So don’t try to perform any tricks when it comes to SEO. It’s only going to hurt your website in the long run. These are things search engines don’t want.
- Keyword Crowding:Overdoing the use of keywords on your web pages
- Paying for links:Buying links won’t be beneficial when it comes to SEO, so be aware of that.
- Bad User Experience:Make the experience of navigating your site easy. Don’t incorporate too many ads as it will make for poor user experience. This will also make the task of finding the right content a chore. A good way to understand the traffic to your site is by knowing the bounce rate.
Ensure you optimize for Multi-Channel experience
Using keywords is vital not only for the site but also for other platforms so it’s important to think about optimization across multiple channels. Theseothermediums include;
Ensuring consistency with keywords with these mediums will not only assist you with trademark efforts but also helpeducate users to employ the precise phrases you are going for.
Altering the websiteto suitvarious mediums
Along with optimizing for desktop users, ensure you focus on portable device optimization as well as other kinds of media.
- Incorporate interesting content such as videos, as it’s a lot easy to get a visual medium like video to rank first on a pagecompared to that of plain text.
- Spruce up content that doesn’t include text so search engines can see it. If your website hasany PDFs or uses Flash, make sure you educate yourself on the latest practices so search engines can use them and credit your site for it.