Construction is the most complex and challenging task these days. Any dispute or accident can cause a project to delay thereby causing severe damage to the resources as well as the finances.
When we talk about construction, the most important part is how to plan and schedule the project. A good layout of the plan and its execution helps the civil engineers to meet the deadlines of the project in a cost-effective manner.
The consumption of all sorts of resources available to accomplish a project in a manner that it is completed within a set deadline is what construction management focusses on.
Goals of CM:
- Completion of the project within the time deadline and the finances.
- Building a team.
- Ability to make decisions that are in favor of the organisation.
- It helps in delivering high-quality work by reputed managers.
Types of Construction:
There are in general four types of construction where CM can be implemented.
- Industrial: Chemical Plants, Steel rolling mills, Oil refineries are the industries that require Construction Management.
- Environmental Construction: Waste water treatment, Air and pollution controls are the sectors where Construction Management can be beneficial.
- Residential: Residential construction is achieving great heights due to an increased growth rate of population.
- Institutional Construction: This category includes school, colleges, hospitals, research institutions and many more.
How does Construction Management Work:
- Make a plan of action: The basic factor responsible for the successful completion of a project is its planning phase. It involves a discussion amongst the team members on the methodology to be used for completing a project.
Benefits of planning:
- Cost reduction.
- It reduces the duplicacy of the work.
- Manage conflicts between the two different departments.
- It brings out new and innovative ideas that encourage creativity among the managers.
- Schedule the project layout: This process gives a time deadline to the project. It tells us about the duration associated with each section of the project and when are they going to be achieved.
- Organise the project: This deals with making the decision of dividing the total construction work into the respective departments according to their area of expertise.
- Staffing: It involves sending right people to the right section of the project and also making sure there is sufficient group of experts in that particular area.
- Control over the work plan: A constant review is always required on any project. It focusses on the deadlines that have been met and ones that are still pending and then rectifying the reasons that are causing the delay.
- Coordination: The most important is the coordination amongst all the different groups that are working on the project under different sections. This gives a platform to discuss the problems and issues associated with the execution of the plan.
Importance of CM:
- Planned practices in management aim in maximum productivity at a very reasonable cost.
- It results in successful completion of the project with the most optimum use of the resources available.
- It promotes leadership qualities, boosts up the employees to meet the deadlines of the project.
- It reduces the illegal labor exploitation.
Values of CM:
- Construction Management is created in order to promote the correct execution of major projects for the owners.
- Since, these projects are very complex. It is important to make everybody work as a team.
- CM puts a great emphasis keeping watchful eyes on different departments and their work.
Building an infrastructure in Lauderdale is a very complex task, but with the involvement of experienced contractors, the targets associated with any project can be met. All you need is a perfect plan of execution and efficiency.
Fort Lauderdale Design Build Contracto: Construction Fort Lauderdale