Going on a road trip is a fun activity for friends and family alike. However, planning it can be tiring. You need to know in advance what you’re doing, where you’re going, how to get there, and what supplies you’ll need. If you want a hassle-free road trip, read on as this article is for you.
- Think of the purpose and destinations and stops of your trip.
It will be easier to plan your road trip if you know what kind of road trip you want to take. If you plan to go around for quite a long time, it will be better to make reservations in advance. If it will only last for a few days, you do not need to prepare much. As for the destination, you have to consult your companions for the places you want to visit so that everyone can equally enjoy the trip. Also keep in mind the proximity and travel time of all the places you will visit using a map. There are also smartphone applications that you can download to make it easier for you to map out your trip.
- Budget your expenses.
- Gas- It can take up most of your road trip budget. You can ask your companions to chip in for it. If you want to pay for it yourself, you have to allot extra money for it. To save and maximize your gas, fill it up before leaving and travel as lightly as possible. You have to include the location of gas stations in planning your route. They have to be accessible throughout your trip. Bring gallons of gas in case of emergency.
- Food- It is not a good idea to eschew bringing food while you are traveling. You will definitely spend more and eat unhealthily if you just eat out. Pre-cooked meals or foods that do not need cooking at all are your best choices. You can also buy snacks from time to time during your trip, but make sure it is still within your budget.
- Transportation- For long travels, it will be better to consider a recreational van or RV Rental, since it has the facilities similar to a house. If you will use a car, it has to be in perfect working condition. Going to a mechanic before the trip is a good idea.
- Lodging- You have to decide where you will sleep. You can book a hotel, stay at a friend’s house, or camp outdoors. Booking a room early is more cost effective since it is cheaper. If possible, consider sleeping in a hostel so that you can have a chance to meet new people.
- Make sure that you have all the entertainment you need.
The most recommended item to bring in a road trip is a laptop or other entertainment device, such as an iPad. You can also bring a book or download movies on your tablet to avoid boredom. If you are traveling with children, you can let them bring a gaming console. However, you have to be sure that they also get the most out of the adventure.
A road trip should be an unforgettable experience. Thus, planning well for it is important. Following the given suggestions will allow you to have the adventure of a lifetime.