Are you thinking about putting a temple room in your home? Well, then there are a number of designs that you can take recourse to if you want to try out something else other than the traditional. In fact, you can spruce up your temple room in ways that you could not even imagine before.
If you do not want to go into a lot of trouble for planning the decoration of a unique temple room, then you can always take the help of a well-known temple design firm. Make sure that they are recommended by customers who have availed their services before. If you want to do it on your own or provide the design firm with some unique inputs, then here are some interesting temple decor ideas that you can always fall back on:
- If there is a dearth of space in your home and you can only allocate one small corner for your idols then it is best to get a small temple home where you can keep your idols. These temple houses are beautifully crafted to look like miniature temples. Opt for the ones that come with a storage space where you will be able to keep all that you need for worship on a daily basis. Place this small miniature temple home on a flat stool and add a nice light above it to have a beautifully decorated temple corner of your own.
- If you have an entire wall space to decorate your temple, then you can hang a nice big circle fitted with lights within it and place the idols on a beautifully carved platform. Keep the lights white if you have marble statues. You can also keep a small cupboard by the side, inside which you can keep all your tools for worship and other necessary items for your temple. You can keep diyas on two sides and light them daily.
- In case you have an entire room for your temple, then there are numerous ways in which you can decorate it. Just make sure that you do not clutter the room with too many idols or photos and keep the walls free. Paint them nicely and keep a hanging light so that the light of the Lord shines brightly. You can also use big three tier Pradip for decoration purposes and hang a bell in the room if you want.
- Temple cupboards are very much in trend these days and this is what most temple design service that you hire will opt for if there is a dearth of space. While on the middle two rows you keep your idols, there is an extended platform from these rows on which you can make your offerings. The other shelves are mostly used for storage purposes.
- And lastly, if your apartment is really small and you want to keep it as homely as possible, then take a large tray, drape it with a nice cloth, keep your idol on it and on a bowl place a floating candle and some flower petals.
From small to large, these are some easy to execute temple design ideas that will surely look good in any home.