New York City is a big place and there are many places that we can visit:
- World Trade Center: It is the former location of the twin towers. Following the tragic events in September the 11th, the place is already rebuilt and becomes a busy 16-acre business center. By visiting the area, we should have an indication of the devastation caused by the attack. The location is known as a popular tourist destination and people flock around the world to see the site first hand. We could also visit the memorial as a reminder of the suffering caused to so many innocent civilians on that fateful day.
- The Statue Of Liberty: It is among the most recognized monuments in the world. The gigantic statue was a provided by France to commemorate their collaboration during the American Revolution in the 18th It was officially delivered on October 28th, 1886. It stands majestically at 305 feet and the structure was often the first thing immigrants see when they landed in New York during early 20th century, when they arrived at the Ellis Island. We should take a guided tour around the city and climb the 354 steps to reach the crown. From this place, we could see a breathtaking view of the harbour. Once every half an hour, a ferry leaves the small island. Visiting the Statue of Liberty is an unforgettable experience in itself. Visiting the Statue of Library is free, but the ferry cost us about $12 for each person.
- The Empire State Building: The Empire State Building is an iconic skyscraper and its stands at an impressive height of 436 feet. It was built in a record time of only 410 days and it is currently still the tallest building in the city. The skyscraper has been features in various movies, including the old blockbuster, King Kong. Visitors can go to the observation decks on 86th and 102nd Visitors should be able to see the gigantic metropolis. It still maintains the fabulous 1930’s art deco designs.
- Central Park: Central Park is a welcome sanctuary and it helps us to escape the hectic pace. It is the veritable haven for people who seek some tranquillity and peace. Central Park is located in Central Manhattan and it was first established in 1873. It is a huge area of about 840 acres and includes many smaller attractions, such as serene lakes, zoo, themed gardens and tennis courts. Except at coldest winter days, Central Park is always bustling with activity with people jogging or skating. However, Central Park is large enough to allow us take relaxing stroll in quieter areas.
- The Museum of Modern Art: It’s opened at 1929 and considered as a place with the most extensive and largest modern art collections. There are many artworks created by popular artists, such as Matisse, Van Gogh, Monet and Picasso. This place is also an education attraction that can be beneficial for students and the general public.